Wow, has it been that long?

*** January post.  Here it is. ***

I'm noticing that its been forever since I last posted.  I am noticing the I am not quite the same person I was the last time I took a moment to write here.

I read that quote about raising kids to be productive members of society, and I am not even sure what I thought that meant?  Does it mean go with the flow?  Follow rules?  Get good jobs?  What is a productive member of society anyway?  It's so general and I cannot even connect with my own words I wrote back then.  It all feels too careful.

I think about my kids as they are growing and I want them to listen to their hearts.  Now what the hell does that mean?  I think it means, when they have an idea and they want to try it, then GO.  If they feel a longing to do something, because that is what their feeling the pull to do, I want them to GO.  If they feel scared, then I hope they GO anyway.

I have been afraid for too long.  I'm not playing anymore.  I've been feeling so afraid for so long, and all I'm afraid of isn't even there.

Okay now I feel like that's too floaty too.  Is this just my thoughts coming in trying to shit on my blog post?  Who do I think I am trying to just jump in and friggin' try and write about what is going on in my head?  No one wants to read this crap.  What for?

I see you fear.

Fear of saying something wrong or looking the wrong way.  The fear is so real I wonder if I should change my name on this blog.  Make the thoughts I'm thinking more invisible.  It's a desire to protect from everything.  Am I divulging too much information about myself somehow.  Wow that fear is there and I can feel it in my chest.

Interesting.
What else am I afraid of?

I'm afraid to admit I've been a people pleaser for most of my life. I didn't realize how severe it was until recently.  I've been watching myself and watching my thoughts and how I do things, and it's alway seems to be, that most of what motivates me is from fear of doing things wrong.

I see you again. 

This whole blog thing, it's for me.  It's what I want to do, I want to access the inner space within, the space that holds the space for my life.  And without judgement, I join in the spacious place that I hit when I am in meditation. 

I enjoy typing and writing right now because I can access that space to feel free.  The space where I feel like I can be anything I want to or not and all is well, and all will be well anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So much to talk about, nothing to talk about

Happy Labor Day

Savoring the lessons